Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Permits

We turned in the application for the Baldwin County Health Permit. $150 for turning in the application and another $150 ( a yearly fee ! ) for a full serves restaurant permit. But the good news is ,even after taking a quick look at the plans he Did Not Laugh at me ! I was so nerves... Not sure why but I was.All Kip said about our plans is we need to move the mop sink( he wants it outside, our plumber wants it inside) and we are not sure the dumpster pad has a drain. Scott seemed to be bothered by the mop sink and I was more concerned about the dumpster drain . Guess we got all the worries covered ! On the way home we stopped at the electric company and paid the $1780 deposit ! To have the electricity turned on. I had planned on stopping at Foley Restaurant and Kitchen Supply store to see about buying more equipment but I had spent all my little Brian could spend in one day. Next is the City of Orange Beach Permits. I hope to get them to the city tomorrow.These fees don't have to be paid until they are excepted. We stopped at Coffee Heads, a local coffee shop just to check things out. It was so intimidating ! They had all new beautiful equipment. They're coffee was good, not great. It was a cute place. I hope ours will be a place with a lot of character and great coffee and great food. The prices at the Coffee Heads were high ! $5 milk shake, $4.50 smoothie, $1.75 for reg.drip coffee. I'm afraid our prices will have to be just as high. When we got home today we had newly born kittens waiting for us. Well, they are hidden from us under the kitchen cabinets. We don't know how many are what they look like. I'm going to try to write on this blog more often. It's been too hard the last few weeks because every time we moved forward we would meet with someone and would be set back at least two steps. I'm not sure even now that we are making any progress.......all I am sure of is that I am spending a lot of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment